FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below, we have tried to answer the most common questions visitors to our Web site may have.
Specially developed polymer-modified Ardex products can be ultra-rapid drying and be dry in a matter of hours. To discuss the best screed for your needs, give our professional team a call on +44 (0)207 459 4606
Ardex A23 screed is ideal for use in any home. It can receive tiles after only 48 hours, and resilient floor finishes can be applied 6 days after laying screed. So in just a few days your floor can be complete.
People often find they have 100mm of screed to lay and realise that they have well in excess of 100 days of drying time to wait before they can lay any floor coverings and turn on their new underfloor heating system.
When using System Ardex premium performance products, the screed can be dry in as little as 24 hours, regardless of thickness.
ARDEX E 100 can also be used as an additive to:
• Improve workability without increasing the water content of mortars.
• Increase the compressive and tensile bending strengths of the hardened mortars.
• Improve the elasticity and reduce crack formation in mortars.
• Reduce surface dusting of screeds and renders while increasing their abrasion resistance.
• Enable the minimum thickness of the modified bonded Portland cement floor screed to be reduced to 15mm from the recommended 25mm minimum thickness for unmodified screed mortars.
ARDEX E 100 is an acrylic-based dispersion for use in screeding and rendering mortars in internal and external locations. The addition of ARDEX E 100 improves the compressive and tensile strengths, and elasticity and bond strength of the modified mortar. The workability and plastic properties of the mortar are improved without increasing the water/cement ratio, and early age crack formation is significantly reduced.
ARDEX PSRS is an ultra low viscosity, solvent free, two component epoxy resin designed for strengthening and restoring poorly compacted and low strength screeds that do not meet the required in situ crushing resistance. ARDEX PSRS penetrates into the defective screed, filling voids resulting from poor compaction and consolidating loose particles to provide a high strength screed that can meet the highest soundness category given in BS 8204-1 for in situ crushing resistance.
- Penetrates into the defective screed, filling voids resulting from poor compaction
- Overnight renovation of screeds – rapid installation reduces overall construction times
- Consolidated screeds meet the BS-8204-1 Soundness Category A requirement for floor screeds
- Low odour and solvent free